Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tossed Vegetable Salad

I find this the most guilt free and enjoyable meals. Be it main course, side, or appi - Salad will never leave you feeling wrong. I am still learning when it comes to salad recipes but whatever I make now seems to please Mr. Hubby. This recipe is a basic salad with store bought dressing. You can choose to make the dressing at home. I find the store bought ones very convenient and lasting. I am very fond of Balsamic Vinegar for health reasons and because it gives my salad just the right kick of sourness.

1. Broken pieces of romano lettuce.
2. Fresh tomato wedges
3. 1 cucumber,cut into bite size pieces (whatever shape to like)
4. Red onion, finely chopped
5. Balsamic vinegar dressing

Instructions:
1. Throw it all together.
2. Toss.


Voila. A fresh salad is ready. Check out more salad recipes here.

What do you add to your salad to make it different?

6 comments:

Prathima Rao said...

Fresh & colorful & healthy :)
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Priya Suresh said...

A very prefrect,colourful and refreshing salad for this hot weather..

aipi said...

Crunchy n fresh!
Thanks for all the sweet comments on my posts they really make me happy, glad to be your friend :) Hugs!
US Masala

Nandinis food said...

It's full of a burst of colours and yet good nutrients...Good one...

chef and her kitchen said...

healthy n yummy salad...looks colorful..:)

Anonymous said...

My salad are always made on whim with whatever is on hand. Love sneaking flax in my salad.

Search Food Fanatic

Food Fanatic Search Results